Need inspiration to plan your vacation with family, with friends or for romance? We have selected the best activities in Wallonia and Brussels, for you to fully enjoy your stay!
HAVE A CRAVING FOR THRILLS?
- For a fun day rich in sensations, opt for the Walibi amusement park! From little rides for children (from 9 months and up) to the Roller Coaster for more chills by way of the flying chairs, there's something for everyone! https://www.walibi.com/belgium/be-en
Boulevard de l'Europe 100, 1300 Wavre (22 km)
- If you're not afraid of getting wet, Océade is THE destination for you and your children! This is the #1 water park in Belgium, a real paradise for children for a day of sheer joy! http://www.oceade.be/en/
Avenue du Football 3, 1020 Bruxelles (30 km)
AWAKEN YOUR CURIOSITY WHILE HAVING FUN!
- Mini-Europe, located at the foot of the Atomium, this park is the only one that lets you travel across our continent in just a few hours! An animated and acoustic journey with 350 prestigious and historical monuments not to be missed! While you are there, take advantage of visiting the Atomium, the international symbol of Europe’s capital.
1020 Brussels (30 km)
- In order to get into harmony with Nature and let yourself be delighted, go on a walk in the forest to the luxurious La Hulpe Castle, an Exceptional Heritage Site of Wallonia. And then just a few steps away, be inspired by the works of Belgian artist Jean-Michel Folon at the Folon Foundation (for children from age 8 and up). An interactive journey animated by music, films and optical effects, awaits you! http://fondationfolon.be/en/
Clos des Campanules, 1310 La Hulpe (3 km)
- The Hergé Museum in Louvain-La-Neuve invites you to discover the life and works of the Father of Tintin and Snowy. Quiz games are proposed to make the visit even more fun for the whole family! An activity that is well worth the detour! (Recommended for children from age 12 and up) http://www.museeherge.com/en
Rue du Labrador 26, 1348 (27 km)
- The Manneken Pis, the symbol of the city of Brussels is the top must-see tourist attraction of the capital. With any luck, you will see this 58 cm high statue dressed in folk garb! It is located 5 minutes from the majestic Grand Place, which is famous for Belgium, and can be admired from one of the numerous festive brewery terraces. Continue your walk to the Sablons district, in the shopping streets with a gourmet waffle or a cone of Belgian chips! Go and discover Jeanneke pis, symbol of fidelity, located across the street from the famous Delirium where you can enjoy one of their 3000 varieties of beer!
1000 Brussels (15 km)
- Waterloo Memorial 1815: by way of the memorial, the panorama and the Lion’s Mound, you enter one of the most turbulent periods of our history. You will enter the heart of this Napoleonic battle through an amazing set design: the highlights of the battle are broadcast on a 3D screen accompanied by impressive special effects, as if you were there! Ideal for both children (from age 7 and up) and adults! http://www.waterloo1815.be/index.php?page=Home
1815, Route du Lion, 1420 Braine-l'Alleud (14.5 km)
- Villers Abbey represents a majestic testimony of the life of the Cistercian monks. Stroll through the flower gardens and discover the ruins of this site listed as Exceptional Heritage of the Wallonia region! A treasure hunt is offered for the enjoyment of the children! http://www.villers.be/en
Rue de l'Abbaye 55, 1495 Villers-la-Ville (27 km)
ARE YOU MORE CULTURE-ORIENTED?
- For 25 years, the Belgian Comic Strip Center, located in the heart of Brussels, showcases the works of the 9th art. Enter a world where creativity has no limits, and let yourself be carried away by the memories of the times of Schtroumps, Tintin or even Lucky Luke! Suitable for children age 6 and up. https://www.comicscenter.net/en/home
Rue des Sables 20, 1000 Brussels (25 km)
- The Center for Fine Arts of Victor Horta’s is one of the jewels of the cultural heritage of Belgium. Whether it’s concerts, exhibitions, theater, cinema or projects focusing on literature and architecture, at BOZAR you will always find your happiness! http://www.bozar.be/en
Rue Ravenstein 23, 1000 Brussels (24 km)
- At the Cinquantenaire Museum you will travel through art and history with its archaeological treasures as well as with European decorative arts. Situated in Brussels’ Cinquantenaire Park, this tremendous museum organizes temporary exhibitions in addition to the permanent collections to experience something different! http://www.kmkg-mrah.be/cinquantenaire-museum
Parc du Cinquantenaire 10, 1000 Brussels (22 km)
- Do you especially like music and instruments? The Musical Instruments Museum (MIM) will not leave you indifferent! Over 1200 pieces are presented with a soundscape in the background, accompanied by illustrative images and text panels. Have lunch after your tour, on the restaurant terrace which offers a magnificent view of the capital. http://www.mim.be/en
Rue Montagne de la Cour 2, 1000 Brussels (24 km)
- The Magritte Museum is also one of the prides of Belgium. It brings together over 200 works of art (paintings, sculptures, drawings, photographs, objects ...) of the famous Belgian artist René Magritte. Considered the most important Belgian painter of the 20th century, you will come to know him through his many masterpieces! http://bit.ly/KEAVHa
Rue de la Régence 3, 1000 Brussels (19 km)
If you want to rediscover the coast for the day, go to Antwerp. A city full of charm with the impressive Notre Dame Cathedral, narrow streets and dozens of lively pedestrian squares, as well as pubs and restaurants at every corner. End your day with joy having dinner or a drink by the river while watching the sunset!
Antwerp (60 km)
Waterloo City Center (5-6km) | Directions
Avenue Louise (10-12 km) | Directions
Sablon (10-12 km) | Directions
Woluwe Shopping center (10-12 km) | Directions
La Hulpe City Center (2-3 km) | Directions